Monday, March 23, 2009

New Project - Art on records

Started a new project for an upcoming show - Art on record. Painting on vinyl records. Interesting shape. We'll see what happens here. Luckily the local Salvation Army store had plenty of worthy records for $1 each. My goal is to do 5 for the show.
Acrylic seems to stick pretty well. Gave each record a light sand and applied gesso. TBC.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Is this done yet

Dramatic change on this painting this weekend. It wasn't working for me so I went back in. It is starting to look like something.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Working on it

I did this collage from images in my sketchbook as a way to guide me in my new painting.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

new painting...con't

More work done on this painting. It's about to change drastically. Not really happy with this direction.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Start of a new painting

Started a new painting this weekend. 3'x4'. This one is going to take a while. These are the early stages. Stay tuned.