Thursday, December 31, 2009

Artist-John Yoyogi Fortes. See his show in San Francisco!



Art fans-if you are in or going to be in San Francisco during the month of January get yourself over to the SFMOMA's Artist Gallery at Fort Mason to see the work of John Yoyogi Fortes.
He's one of my favorite artists and I was fortunate to see some of his work at the Artist Gallery during a recent visit. The good people at the gallery were nice enough to show me some of his work. The gallery rents out work and has a large storage area. They brought out Mr. Fortes' work and unwrapped it for me to look at. I also was able to take a look at Heather Wilcoxon's work. What a treat.
 
The work shown is:
Lolo's Pipe
Acrylic and collage on canvas
50"h x 40"w
2009
(used with artist's permission)
 
Check out more of Mr. Fortes' work on his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment